SHR Permanent Hair Removal
One of the leading salons in the area
SHR Permanent Hair Removal – Some Questions and Answers
From our perspective, this form of hair removal treatment is one of the best non-clinical counteractants on the market and as one of the leading salons in the area we are highly trained in permanent hair removal procedures and are proud to offer this treatment with such long lasting results.
What exactly is SHR?
You will be pleased to learn that this form of permanent hair removal is not only painless, it is the safest option currently available on today’s market. Using the most up-to-date technology, this method proves timely and efficient when carried out by a trained professional.
How does it work?
In essence, SHR treatment is designed to cause long-lasting damage to target hair follicles. This in turn prevents the re-growth of the hair. By gently heating over the required area, the applicator used varies in temperature to ensure maximum effect. Released are short and gentle energy pulses that directly target the hair follicle whilst dissuading return.
How many treatments will I need to achieve the required results?
For permanent hair removal to be successful you will need around 10 sessions. This will be discussed with you upon initial enquiry as we like to ensure our clients are fully informed of all aspects when it comes to the treatments we offer
Is SHR Permanent Hair Removal suitable for everyone?
SHR is one of the only treatments available offering suitability for all skin types. Remember, this method involves heating and cooling as opposed to follicle exposure via high intensity pulses. This option works extremely well for fair-haired people whilst posing no issues at all during the summer months when tans have developed. The procedure is suitable all-year round.
Is It Safe?
From the clinical studies undertaken, SHR has been proven to be the safest method of light based hair reduction for all skin types. Melanin found within darker skin is known to be much more sensitive to the heat when used in light based treatments. There are no such issues presented with this option.
Is preparation required before my treatment?
In order for the treatment to be as successful as it possibly can be there are a few requirements to take on board:
- Please ensure the area to be treated is free from ALL topical solutions
- Shaving is required 2-12 hours prior – any sooner can result in heightened sensitivity during the process
- Avoid exposure to the sun for a minimum of three days before treatment – whilst tanned skin is absolutely fine to work with, the tan cannot be active in order to achieve maximum results
- Cease use of tanning creams two weeks before treatment
- Avoid bleaching, tweezing, waxing, epilation and any other forms of hair removal for 4 weeks prior
- Do not use essential oils 48 hours prior
- Depilatory creams should be avoided 1 week before treatment commences
- Cold sore medication can be taken five days before and five days after treatment
- Should you be on antibiotics it is recommended to leave a two week gap between taking them and starting treatment
So, I’ve had my treatment – what’s the aftercare routine?
- Soothing lotions such as aloe vera can be used should any redness or swelling occur – this is highly unlikely
- It is recommended to avoid perfumes and deodorants for 24-48 hours after a treatment
- Hot baths, saunas, jacuzzi, massage or athletic activities are best to avoid for 2-3 days after treatment
- Post treatment sun exposure is not recommended and due to increased skin sensitivity we suggest a factor 30 to be on the safe side alongside no sunbeds for 4 days
- Antihistamines are perfect for alleviating any itches that rarely arise
- Avoid skincare containing AHA, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Retinoic Acid (Retina A) for 3-5 days after treatment
Why is there a wait time of 3-4 weeks between each session?
As our hair has different stages of growth, it’s ideal to focus the session on the same stage each time, this will provide optimal results.
Can SHR help with ingrown hairs?
Yes, SHR works much better than IPL when it comes to the reduction of ingrown hair. For even better results we suggest that you scrub 2 days before your session to help get rid of dead skin, this is so that the SHR light reaches the ingrown hair effectively. A recommended tip is to use brown sugar and aloe vera gel as a scrub, the brown sugar has whitening effects on the ski and is great for darker underarm areas.
How is SHR different to IPL?
SHR (Super Hair Removal) only uses low fluence light during the service, clients will feel a sense of warmness. IPL (intense pulsed light) uses high fluence light that could cause burns (especially on dark skin tones) and pain. In terms of the effectiveness, SHR releases 20-30 shots per second, whilst IPL only release 1 shot per second. SHR clients will see results by the second session, SHR motion technology will also cut down treatment time yet maintain its optimal efficiency in comparison with IPL.
The most important aspect post treatment is the maintenance of a good skincare routine and this involves frequent hydration/moisturisation on a daily basis.
For more information on SHR Permanent Hair Removal contact us to book in your complimentary consultation.
Small area (lip/chin)
Medium area (underarms/lip and chin)
Large area (half leg/bikini)
Xtra large area ( back/chest/hollywood/full leg)
Course prices available for courses of 10
Our course cancellation policy for any course purchased at estetica beauty clinic is:
When a course is cancelled by the client:
Our course cancellation policy is:
Prior to the course commencing, the client will be fully refunded.
If the client cancels after having started treatments, those already performed revert back to fully priced treatments and the remainder is then transferred onto a NON-TRANSFERABLE one year gift voucher.
When a course is cancelled by estetica: any treatments already performed will be deducted and the remaining balance will either be transferred onto a one year gift voucher or refunded to the client (whichever the client prefers).